Presencing the Active Feminine is not exclusively women’s work.
In my own experience, I find that while women can understand and identify with the struggles I’ve had in my effort to learn how to ‘show up’ more fully and manage the reactions that fuller presence causes, it’s actually been men who have given me the most support. Men who are comfortable in the presence of the Active Feminine and can ‘hold the space’ for her are as crucial to her emergence in the life of the commons as are women who are willing to fight for and embody her.
Men can make the experience traumatic and painful for everyone involved (especially themselves), or they can turn it into a joyful adventure (unlike that guy in the picture). In either case, the Active Feminine is emerging.
You wouldn’t be reading this if you weren’t inclined to join in the fun – but it can be a befuddling experience. The Active Feminine is a force of nature, and depending on the context and how much resistance she experiences, she can be frightening.
As a man, you can learn to support the Active Feminine in the women around you. You can help create the kind of context and environment in which she thrives. You can be part of the magic and experience the rewards.
Find the keys to bringing your inherent transformational capacity into the public/community/work sphere.
Help to Presence the Active Feminine into your work and community life, and lay the groundwork for the emerging future.
During one on one coaching, I can help you:
- Differentiate among the Active Feminine, Passive Feminine and Masculine Archetypal ‘presences’ in the women around you and in yourself.
- Differentiate among those same three Archetypal ‘presences’ in the group norms of the various specific contexts in which you ‘show up’.
- Understand how those Archetypes interact with one another – both internally, and interpersonally.
- Identify the triggers that put you in opposition to the Active Feminine, instead of in a complimentary relationship with her, and how to use those triggers as both guideposts and opportunities for transformation.
- Recognize when the Active Feminine is trying to emerge (through others individually and collectively) in group work.
- Discover your own masculine expression of the ‘six gestures’ for Presencing the Active Feminine.
- Hone your skills in leading, sharing leadership, or being led by women in general, and Active Feminine women in particular.
- Break free of the underlying assumptions that keep both men and women trapped in old restrictive patterns and dysfunctional, deadening paradigms.
The first hour is on me!